I was born in Waco, Texas in 1962. After living on a variety of air force bases, in 1972 my Dad retired and the family moved to Boulder, Colorado. There amidst the clear, dry air of the high plains, as the moss started to grow beneath my feet, my love for historical fiction began with a classroom reading of Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
I attended a variety of community colleges (Tacoma Community College) and state universities (UNC-Greeley, CU-Boulder, CU-Denver), and finally found my career in technical writing, which, between layoffs, I have been doing for 18 years. During that time, my love for historical fiction and old fashioned objects, ideas, and eras has never waned.
In addition to writing, my interests include road trips around the U.S. and frequent flights to England, where I eat fish and chips, drink hard cider, and listen to the voices in the pub around me. I also love coffee shops, mountain sunsets, prairie storms, and the smell of lavender. I am a staunch supporter of the Oxford comma.
- I live in Colorado. I’ve tried to live elsewhere, but it never works.
- I love wooden floors, and prefer them to carpet.
- I don't have pets but have lots of plants
- I have a green armchair that I call The Vortex, because once I sit down in it, it's impossible to get up out of it.
- I love the structured orderliness of school and so ended up going to college for a long, long time.
- I love beer.
- I love hot summer nights, lightning storms, and fireflies.
- I love going to England, and have gone so often that I pretty much know my way around.
- I will never get tired of London.
- I dream in color with surround sound.
- Naps on stormy afternoons are one of my favorite things.
- I have camped on the hillside where Do-Re-Mi was filmed.
- I once spent five weeks on a three-masted barque off the Atlantic coast of North America, where I scrubbed decks, polished brass, washed dishes in cold seawater, and nigh on froze to death in the icy rain while on watch.
Subscribe to Christina's Newsletter Today!
Make sure you're always in the know and that you never miss a new release.